• NTC is delighted to announce that The Arts Council England’s Grants for the Arts programme and The Mercer’s Company have provided funding to produce ‘4THOUGHTS’: MYTH, MUSIC, MAYHEM AND MIRTH
- an evening of 4 new plays/musicals which will tour the Northern Region in spring 2015.
• NTC is seeking 2 acting ‘trainees’
to fully participate in this new writing project.
• NTC has wide ranging experience and success in encouraging and training new talent through its previous award winning InterACT programme and traineeships on ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’, ‘Grimm Tales’ and ‘4Scene’.
• This opportunity will enable two performers (1m and 1f)
to join the cast of ‘4THOUGHTS’: MYTH, MUSIC, MAYHEM AND MIRTH
, learning and developing their craft ‘on the job’, working alongside experienced professionals. There will also be the opportunity for additional skills training and career development.
• This exceptional opportunity offers a training bursary of £280 p.w.
, accommodation in Alnwick during rehearsals and accommodation on tour.
• To apply you must be over 18, originate from, be resident or have trained in the Northern Region
and will usually have undertaken a degree or equivalent training course within the last 3 years
. (Applicants for previous ‘Opportunities’ may re-apply)
• You must be available from 2 February – 22 March 2015
inclusive. This is a full time opportunity and will include weekend and evening working - you will also be required to write a final report on your experience.
• Auditions will take place in Alnwick, Northumberland on Monday 8 December
• Please email
a photo, CV (or Spotlight link) and letter of application outlining your skills and experience, including musical ability, demonstrating how this opportunity will make a difference to your career and development as a performer by Monday 1 December