‘Scene Stealer’ trainee opportunity
• NTC is delighted to announce that Arts Council England has awarded Grants for the Arts funding towards its spring tour of 4SCENE: PASSION, POWER, POLITICS AND PLEASURE – 4 new plays by 4 emergent writing talents - and in particular to support 2 acting ‘trainees’. NTC has wide ranging experience and success in encouraging and training new talent through its previous award winning InterACT programme and traineeships on
‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’ and ‘Grimm Tales’ in 2012.
• This opportunity will enable two performers (1m & 1f) to join the cast of ‘4SCENE’ learning and developing their craft ‘on the job’, working alongside experienced professionals. There will also be the opportunity for additional skills training and support towards furthering their future career.
This exceptional opportunity offers a training bursary of £270 p.w., accommodation in Alnwick during rehearsals and accommodation on tour.
• To apply you must be over 18, be resident or have trained in the Northern Region: and will usually have undertaken a degree or equivalent training course within the last 3 years.
• You must be available on 17/18 January 2013 and from 4 February – 24 March inclusive. This is a full time opportunity and will include weekend and evening working - you will also be required to write a final report on your experience.
• Auditions will take place in Alnwick on Tuesday 15 January 2013
• Please send a photo, CV and letter of application outlining your skills and experience, demonstrating how this opportunity will make a difference to your career and development as a performer by Friday 11 January.