NTC Latest Financial Accounts and Report for the Year Ended 31 March 2013
This is what we did in 2013:
During the year, the Company staged 3 full tours including 1 adaption of a classic play and 1 new play; in the autumn it toured Shakespeare’s ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’, ‘Grimm Tales’ as the Christmas show and in the Spring an exciting work, involving 4 new plays and two apprentices, ‘4 Scene’, was toured. The audience and critical response to these productions was excellent:
"Just been to your production at Capheaton V Hall. it was fantastic. you all worked extremely hard to make our Christmas Eve extra special, live theatre should never be replaced & you are all a fine example of that. Bravo!"
Caroline Dilger (audience member)
I had to contact you to say what an absolute delight this was - performances of the highest quality and a hilarious production. I would never have believed that this could be staged with five actors (not counting the lighting man). There were a number of young people in the audience and I'm sure that they will have come away realising that Shakespeare is a lot more than a book with difficult prose"
- 33% of the Company’s work was new writing.
- The Company employed 151 actor weeks in rehearsal and performance. 100% of actors were locally based.
- The Company provided 48 weeks of employment for technical and production staff, 80% of whom were locally based.
- There were the equivalent of 2.6 full-time staff, comprising Artistic Director, Tours Manager, Design Management Associate and Finance Manager.
- The Company gave a total of 112 performances, of which 76% were in the Northern region. The total audience was 8,250.
- Over 336 volunteer venue promoters supported the company over the 3 shows.
Dave Neville (audience member – A Midsummer Night’s Dream)
The money we received:
How we spent it:
The company succeeded in raising £152,164 (budgeted £168,936) for core and show costs, considering this is our first full year of fundraising after the loss of our NPO status the Board are happy with the result. It will be a constant challenge to maintain this level of fundraising but the staff is committed to making this new business model a success.
We are also delighted to be part of the Catalyst project funded by the Arts Council for 2013 – 2015 whereby they are giving an extra 38.5p per £ of monies we raise from both donors and trusts and foundations.
The organisation was restructured during the year, for full details please see the Directors Report.
To see the full directors report click here Report of the Directors
You can view our 2012 accounts
All about NTC
A day in the life of an NTC actor
In support of touring theatre
Traineeship with NTC
A Journey with the Gallows [PDF]
Read more about our theatre company at About NTC
and the latest news
We found the Charity Commission
website and their online publications invaluable in the production of these accounts.[/div