Northumberland Theatre Company
NTC is a professional small-scale touring theatre company based at the Playhouse, Alnwick. We tour shows around the country, predominantly using village halls and community centres as venues in small rural towns and villages
"NTC's productions may be small-scale and done on a shoestring but they are backed by a team which can match anything done by much bigger, purpose built theatres and whose imagination and ability to weave a storytelling magic as they transform unpromising spaces into theatres for the night is second to none" - Lynn Gardner, The Guardian
Help bring Rumplestiltskin to life.
Posted by: Karen - Tue 22nd Apr 2014 11:47am
You can make a donation towards our winter show on the Big Give.
Press this button
and help Rumplestiltskin come to life.
Swim for Alnwick
Posted by: Karen - Wed 2nd Apr 2014 8:56am
NTC has signed up to Swim for Alnwick, if you would like to join us on Saturday 17 May to raise some money for NTC and the Alnwick Lions then please contact Karen Hirst on email@example.com and download a sponsor form here
If you are another charity thinking about joining the Swim for Alnwick then you can download a team registration form here
. For further information please see the Alnwick Lions website
If you want to sponsor the NTC team, Karen and Rupert Hirst and Neil Mundy are hoping to swim over 2 miles to support NTC, you can donate via the Big Give website. Press this button
and help us tour theatre to a venue near you.
Posted by: Karen - Mon 24th Feb 2014 2:28pm
We are excited to announce that we will be offering the following shows in 2014/15.
Notes from the Front
A workshop and performance collaboration with The Forlorn Hope Theatre Company, a one man show commemorating the events of WW1. 'An ordinary soldier reflects on life through anecdote, poetry, prose and song and attempts to show what makes men march to war, their hopes and fears, and their view on the routines of daily life as a soldier.’ Touring 20th October/15th November 2014.
A retour of the highly successful ‘Rallying Round’ by Stewart Howson. A rollicking new comedy drama about youth, age and two very different worlds colliding with compassion. Touring September/ October 2014
Rumplestiltskin by Mike Kenny
A family show for Xmas/winter – performed in NTC’s inimitable style – December 2014/January 2015. The story of a boast that becomes a lie! The royal vaults, once full of gold, are now stuffed with straw ... the rain won’t stop, the harvest is flattened and people are getting really cheesed off. Forced to do something about his miserable position, the King hears a rumour of a beautiful miller’s daughter with magical powers. Will she be able to achieve his impossible tasks? If she is to be helped, what will she have to give in return.
Dates available to venues are selling out fast, so call Hilary as soon as possible to book.
Tour dates will be available nearer the time so watch this space.
Arts Council Inquiry Update
Posted by: Karen - Tue 11th Feb 2014 9:35am
Did you know that Arts Council currently fund London 75%, the rest of the country 25%, see the article posted 4 February for further details.
Have you considered writing to your local MP regarding the disparity in Arts Council funding.
Attached is an example of what you might like to send.
Big Local App Nothumberland
Posted by: Karen - Tue 11th Feb 2014 9:23am
Just to let you know than we can now be found through the Big Local App Northumberland.
The Big Local App is a mobile app developed for local communities. It is a dedicated local resource directory bringing together businesses, offers, local news, events and information to provide real value to users in a way that national directories do not.
This local directory will provide listings for organisations and companies trading in their local areas. Its emphasis is on catering for, and building interest and pride in, the local community.
Each 'featured' business / organisation becomes an important facet of the app, bringing fresh, up-to-date information, that is often unique to the app: so it's more than a business listing and it's a great reason for users to keep exploring local content.
For further details: BigLocal
(« more recent
) Items 6-10 of 84 (older